WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-Aug-11 09:04:58

JayG8027

Amplify-and-Forward in WARPLab

We have configured a wireless relay network using 4 WARP v3 boards (3-hop) & WARPLab 7.5.0.
In this environment, we want to set that each relay node performs an Amplify-and-Forward (AF) scheme. We are trying to find the buffer that saves the IQ waveform for AF relaying, and then we are going to forward the waveform in AF buffer to the destination node.
Is there any command or function to enable AF relaying scheme in MATLAB codes of WARPLab reference design?

#2 2015-Aug-11 09:46:15

chunter
Administrator

Re: Amplify-and-Forward in WARPLab

There isn't any cooperation-specific WARPLab commands. The Tx and Rx buffers are separate on the board, so you won't be able to immediately Tx a waveform that your relay just received. Instead, you'll need to use the read_iq command to pull the received waveform at the relay up to MATLAB and then write it back to the Tx buffer via the write_iq command. Then you can just tell the relay node to transmit like normal.

#3 2015-Aug-11 19:58:19

JayG8027

Thank you for your answer!

But I want to implement relay network in full duplex environment.
As soon as node receive waveform, the node transmit the received waveform next relay node.

In MATLAB code, each node transmits data  simultaneously.
So If I want to implement real time relay networks, must I use Xilinx Embedded Devleopment kit?

#4 2015-Aug-11 23:01:46

murphpo
Administrator

If your application requires real-time processing of signals in the FPGA then you will need to implement your processing algorithms as a core in the FPGA. I would recommend studying the architecture of the WARPLab Reference Design. You can probably re-use much of that design for a custom design which implements simultaneous Rx/Tx. If you have not used XPS before, I would also recommend working through our getting started tutorials. These tutorials introduce the entire tool flow we use for all reference designs- System Generator for processing cores, XPS for integrating the hardware design and SDK for C software implementation. The tutorials are based on design that is much simpler than the WARPLab Ref Design, but it uses exactly the same tools.

Board footer