WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-Mar-27 02:19:09

riyandi

maximum bit to transmit

hi, I wanna implementation the Multicarrier CDMA communication
I have WARP ver. 2 with WARPLab 7 to design my MC CDMA
But I dont know how much maximum bit that can be transfer the data

In my program, I create the data is 448 x 16384, it means the Tx send 448 times data to Rx, but it is for 1 user only and I want to create 4 or 8 users. Can I create too much data for WARP?

#2 2015-Mar-27 09:08:54

murphpo
Administrator

Re: maximum bit to transmit

I'm afraid we have no experience building CDMA systems, so we can't provide any specific advice on how to design your Tx/Rx processing.

However I would *strongly* encourage you to start in simulation. Build your Tx and Rx processing in MATLAB code first, designed so that the Tx -> Rx flow consists of a single vector of complex samples suitable for analog conversion at 40MSps. Make sure your Rx processing code can consume this vector of samples and generate the decoded payload you expect. Only after this simulation works, introduce WARPLab into the experiment. You can think of WARPLab as a channel applied to that vector of complex samples. In other words, build YourCode_Tx -> YourCode_Rx first and be sure it works. Then extend it to YourCode_Tx -> WARPLab_Tx -> WARP Hardware -> WARPLab_Rx -> YourCode_Rx.

#3 2015-Mar-27 09:30:03

murphpo
Administrator

I forgot to add that with WARPLab 7.5 for WARP v2 hardware the maximum length of the Tx/Rx sample vector is 16k (2^14) samples. Make sure your Tx code generates a vector <= 16k samples if you plan to use WARPLab for Tx/Rx.

#4 2015-Mar-27 09:40:47

riyandi

Yes I do that, I make 448x16384 bit that means I make 448 frames

thank you (y)

Board footer