WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-May-18 08:09:27

degarter

Analog Board

Hi!

I want to ask how to connect the analog board to the warp board. I have heard that I need a special cable for that? Where I have to connect this and how can I simple test the board if it is working. In other words what ports of the board are ADCs and what ports are DACs, because I want to visualize some signal from my implementation with an oscilloscope.

thanks & cheers

#2 2011-May-18 08:44:36

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Analog Board

To connect the Analog Board to external equipment, you'll need the appropriate coax cable. The Analog Board connectors are MCX jacks. You'll need cables with MCX-plugs on one end and whatever mating plug your external equipment requires on the other end.

For an oscilloscope with BNC jacks, for example, you'd need an MCX-plug to BNC-plug cable. One source for these is Samtec. Using their RF cable builder, specifying 1000mm of RG-174 coax with MCX-plug-straight and BNC-plug-stright connectors, generates part number RF174-02SP1-04SP3-1000. You can click through from the result page to purchase them directly from Samtec.

To drive signals to the DACs, use the analog_bridge pcore from the repository. Connect the signal you want to debug to the user_dac* ports. The OFDM Reference Design is a good example; it drives signals from the OFDM PHY to all four DACs via the analog_bridge.

The connectors are identified in the Analog Board users guide, and in the silkscreen on the board itself.

Board footer