WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-Jul-09 05:31:20

gbmidd

Installation and configuration of WARP software plugins

We have completed an installation of the WARP tools here at Univ Oulu, and noticed a few issues:

* The WARP Installer seems to be overwriting the WARP_Blockset with an outdated version, such that when the files for Lab2 are loaded, blocks show up as bad links.  This can be corrected by overwriting the WARP_Blockset.mdl file with the latest version from the repository.

* We have noticed an issue with sysgen2opb, namely its use of the Xilinx function xlVersion.  The script calls this function to check the Sysgen version, but in our version (8.2.02), xlVersion does not return any value and so the script returns a "Sysgen not found" error.  This can be corrected by editing the script and adding the following after line 91:

version = {'8.2.02'};

where the string value is the value reported when xlVersion is called from the Matlab command line.  The error arises because when line 91, version = xlVersion, is called, no value is assigned assigned to 'version' and so it becomes an empty cluster variable.

#2 2007-Jul-09 08:31:39

chunter
Administrator

Re: Installation and configuration of WARP software plugins

I've had that xlVersion problem before. It really should be returning a value, so that error is probably symptomatic of a more serious installation problem. Hacking it to explicitly include the version may wind up giving you errors down the road. Is Matlab installed in a directory with a space (e.g. c:/Program Files/MATLAB)?

I was able to get xlVersion to behave correctly by reinstalling Matlab into a root directory and then installing SysGen over that.

#3 2007-Jul-09 08:40:41

bkaufman

You're right, our installation is somewhere in "Program Files."  They comp administration here prefers it that way...

After the workshop, we'll ask them to reinstall Matlab in the root, and we'll remove the hack from sysgen2opb...we do want to avoid problems down the road.

Thanks Chris!

#4 2007-Jul-09 14:54:33

Scott

Hey Gareth,

So the installer needs to be updated with a new sysgen2opb and WARP_Blockset? The installation should make SVN-compliant folders - are you able to update the folders in TortoiseSVN, or did you have to manually fix this? If it's a manual fix that must be done, let me know so I can update/fix the installer accordingly.

Thanks!
-Scott

#5 2007-Jul-11 08:45:58

gbmidd

Thanks Scott!  It turns out that our problem related more to the SVN update -- the Installer itself is fine, but when we updated the user repo, some old files were not cleared out.  Otherwise we have had no problems from the installer.

Also, following up on the other issue I mentioned, the sysgen2opb error can be resolved by installing MATLAB in the root directory c:\, as Chris suggests.

Board footer