WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-Sep-13 11:47:30

jyhng

Problem with Tx Gain

On a new model I built that uses the Warp Radio Bridge 2 pcore and some other pcores such as EMAC, EEPROM, and RS232 (Not sure if these can contribute to the problem), whenever I try to write to the gain using the functions WarpRadio_v1_BaseBandTxGain() and WarpRadio_v1_TxVGAGainControl(), the RS232 display would just freeze up.  This model has most of the features of the radio connected, including:
user_ADC_I
user_ADC_Q
user_DAC_I
user_DAC_Q
user_RxRF_gain
user_RxBB_gain
user_TxModelStart
user_RSSI_ADC_clk
user_RSSI_ADC_D
user_RxHP_external

However, I am unable to reproduce the problem on an older project, one that only has a transmitter and with EMAC and Receiver.  It only uses these features of the radio bridge:
user_TxModelStart
user_DAC_I
user_DAC_Q
Writing to the gain would work, even though the values being written into the function (Gain Value and Radios) are exactly the same.

Have you guys ever encountered anything similar?

Thanks,
Joshua

#2 2007-Sep-13 16:22:49

jyhng

Re: Problem with Tx Gain

Sorry, I solved the problem... Apparently I tried to write into those registers before I initialized the radios.

#3 2007-Sep-14 10:30:09

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Problem with Tx Gain

This is an odd problem. A few things to double check-

-Is your software project's linker script correct? And did you re-generate it after adding your own code to the default project?
-Is there a memory address conflict between any of your cores?

Also, in order to use the WarpRadio_v1_BaseBandTxGain function, you first have to call WarpRadio_v1_SoftwareTxGainControl(1, radios). This enables software control of the Tx gains. By default, the gains are controlled by dedicated pins on the radio, which are driven by the radio controller's Tx state machine. Both of these functions must be called after WarpRadio_v1_Reset.

Board footer