WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-Sep-24 12:21:19

shirin_v

WARP 12V supply connector

Hello,

I am trying to design a range extender for WARP's radio board. And for that, I am using a PA for my transmit path that consumes ~1.5A (or to have a safer margin ~2A) of current.

1. Would you suggest that I connect my module to a separate power supply, or use the same supply as the main WARP board?
2. If I want to connect my board to WARP, could you please provide me with the link to the part used as the "coaxial power connector"?

Here is the link to the datasheet of the PA used in my Tx path:
http://www.rfmd.com/CS/Documents/RF5605DS.pdf

Thank you so much for your attention and help.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Regards,
Shirin

#2 2012-Sep-25 00:23:31

murphpo
Administrator

Re: WARP 12V supply connector

The FPGA board power connector is a standard barrel connector with 5.5/2.1mm outer/inner diameter (like CUI PJ-102AH), with positive tip, negative sleeve.

It looks like the RF5605 requires a 5v supply. The external power supply for WARP hardware outputs 12VDC. The WARP FPGA Board (v1 and v2) has a 12v->5v switching regulator that supplies the 5v rail for the daughtercard slots. You could tie into this supply via the screw terminal near the 5v regulator. But it might see better performance using a different supply, one with less noise and ripple (i.e. include low-noise regulators that produce 5v in your hardware design).

Board footer