WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-Jan-11 11:19:06

tomekk

WARPNET on Reference Design v17.0

Hi everybody,
I just tried to move my slightly modified version of the warpnet example from reference design v16.1 to v17.0. Everything seems fine however the sdk comes up with the 'region ppc405_0_iocm_cntlr is full' error. I tried to move the .vectors section to xps_bram_if_cntlr_2 but this doesn't help. I noticed that in reference design v17.0 the size of ppc405_0_iocm_cntlr is set to 64 Kb instead of the 128 Kb that are available in v16.1. Does someone know how to increase this?

Thanks,
Thomas

#2 2013-Jan-11 16:07:57

chunter
Administrator

Re: WARPNET on Reference Design v17.0

I'm not sure why they were pulled down to 64kb... murphpo can chime in on whether or not that was intentional.

To change it, open the XPS project and go to the Addresses tab. The iocm and docm might be "locked." This will prevent you from increasing the size of the iocm. (Again, I'm not sure if that was intentional). Try unlocking them both and changing the size of the iocm to 128K in the pulldown menu on that same screen. Then click the "Generate Addresses" button in the top right and try building that and exporting to the SDK. I just started the build on my machine a few minutes ago and it appears to be working, but it might be too soon to call.

Note: I just made this change to the 18.0 design for WARP v2, but the same should apply to the v17.0 design you are using.

#3 2013-Jan-16 06:31:00

tomekk

Thanks Chris, as far as I can tell it seems to be working. Changing the iocm size gave me some errors in the xps error console about overlapping sections. I tried it several times and finally it didn't gave errors. The generated design works fine after moving the .vectors section to xps_bram_if_cntlr_2 as it is done in v.16.1. Just for curiosity, do you know why this is necessary for WARPNET but not for the new CSMA and NOMAC projects?

#4 2013-Jan-16 13:00:49

chunter
Administrator

I think it's just a matter of code size. The CSMAMAC and NOMAC projects are prettty lightweight and likely never ran into the 64kb boundary.

Board footer