WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-Aug-26 08:01:40

faizan

802.11 Reference Design

Hi,

I am trying to test 802.11 Reference Design, but not able to able to executed successfully.

i) I am not able to get the serial console in "Putty", when i dump the bitstream of "w3_802.11_AP_v0.2_beta", am getting some junk values, but via setup i get the serial console in OFDM_deign_18.0
i.e

KZXLX[                                                    9Rü
      ::8øI
½7½ï½          ÍIå̾NÌ¿
½
¾¿X*ø
½·½í¿
¿ \,ø
¿½\(ø¸
ȽMȽ
     ·
¼¿X(ø
;MȽ
½=¼í½:{9AÚ
8Þ¨í謮û

For OFDM :

Reference Design v18 NOMAC
Initializing WARPMAC v18.0:
                             Initializing WARPPHY:
                                                        Initializing Radio Transmitter...
                Initializing Radio Receiver...complete!
                                                        Initializing Packet Detection...complete!
                        Initializing OFDM Transmitter...complete!
                                                                        Initializing OFDM Receiver...complete!
                                Initializing AGC...complete!
                                                                Initializing TEMAC...complete! - Link Speed 1000
                                Dummy Packet Mode Disabled

ii) Not able to access the ethernet via "WARP_AP", Is the Ethernet A speed is 1Gbps? If yes how can i downgrade to 100mbps?

Kindly oblige.

Last edited by faizan (2013-Aug-26 08:02:04)

#2 2013-Aug-26 08:31:15

chunter
Administrator

Re: 802.11 Reference Design

i) We increased the rate on the UART from 57600 (in the OFDM Reference Design) to 115200 (in the 802.11 Reference Design). If you change the speed in putty to the higher rate, the junk values should turn into normal ASCII characters.

ii) Yes, the default rate is 1Gbps for Ethernet. You can change that down to 100Mbps by changing the ETH_A_LINK_SPEED definition to 100.

Board footer