WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-May-26 02:34:21

sunstone

Three-node cooperative system for real time traffic

Hi,

Sorry to bother you. I am the new user of WARP v3 (Virtex-6) and want to investigate the cooperative communication system for real time traffic. As you described in your doctoral thesis, first, I decide to implement the three-node cooperative system  for real time traffic by classical AF or DF scheme. I have three questions.

1, Is  w3_OFDM_ReferenceDesign_v1 most suitable for establishing cooperative communication system for real time traffic, compared with 8p1802.11 Reference Design and WARPLab 7 Reference Design ?
2, If I consider extending w3_OFDM_ReferenceDesign_v18p1 for cooperative communication, do I just need to modify the PPC code. In other words, I don't need changing the FPGA logic?
3, When I intend to use more relay nodes for single source and single destination, do I need to modify the FPGA logic?

Thanks very much.

Last edited by sunstone (2014-May-26 20:24:39)

#2 2014-May-28 02:44:44

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Three-node cooperative system for real time traffic

My thesis experiments used the OFDM ref design on WARP v1 hardware. It was OFDM ref design version v15 I think (or somewhere between v15 and v16; I don't remember exactly). The latest release of the design for WARP v1/v2/v3 all use the same PHY design that includes the logic for AF and DF.

If I consider extending w3_OFDM_ReferenceDesign_v18p1 for cooperative communication, do I just need to modify the PPC code. In other words, I don't need changing the FPGA logic?

You will need to modify the FPGA logic for any changes to the PHY behavior. The existing PHY can do AF and DF (where DF is really normal Rx followed by Tx-with-CFO-pre-correction). Any other cooperative behaviors would require FPGA logic changes.

Before attempting to recreate a real-time cooperative system on WARP v3, I would strongly encourage you to prototype the waveform processing you need in WARPLab.

Board footer