WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-Sep-09 14:52:28

jgt2

Processing Data Logs

I am currently running an experiment to measure the throughput of some of smartphone devices. I configure the WARP node v3 to act as an AP, and have it connected to the internet through Ethernet A. Then, I connect the smartphone to the AP and start web browsing and video streaming, and run the template example log_capture_interactive.py to log all the node Tx and Rx data for like one minute of operation.

The program generates an HDF5 log file called interactive_capture.hdf5. When I process such file through any of the hdf5 processing tools provided on the warp site, I can not get the information I am looking for, which is the throughput of my connected smartphone over time. In general, I think I need to be able to find away to read and understand the contents of hdf5 log file so that I can exactly plot the curves I am interested in.

Thank you in advance.

#2 2014-Sep-10 13:50:50

welsh
Administrator

Re: Processing Data Logs

Have you looked at the Throughput vs Time log processing example?

There are an number of examples in the examples/txrx_log/ directory that can help understand how to process log files.

#3 2014-Sep-10 14:40:30

jgt2

Yes, I have looked at these, but I need to know how to plot the throughput of one of the mac addresses only. Also, throughput_vs_time_log_processing is having a trouble to work with the interactive_capture.hdf5. What adjustments do I need to make to the script in order to have it work?

#4 2014-Sep-11 08:39:31

murphpo
Administrator

Also, throughput_vs_time_log_processing is having a trouble to work with the interactive_capture.hdf5. What adjustments do I need to make to the script in order to have it work?

You need to be more specific about the issues you're observing. In what way is your script not working?

#5 2014-Sep-13 20:09:04

jgt2

I changed line 33 of log_process_throughput_vs_time.py to

C:\John\Sources\Python reference\Python_Reference\examples\txrx_log>python log_process_throughput_vs_time.py
Reading log file 'interactive_capture.hdf5' ( 34.8 MB)

Reading log file 'raw_log_dual_flow_sta.hdf5' ( 36.2 MB)

AP Rx: 86275, AP Tx: 34393
STA Rx: 92916, STA Tx: 18438
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "log_process_throughput_vs_time.py", line 162, in <module>
    plt_t = np.linspace(0, (max(t_sec) - min(t_sec)), len(t_sec))
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

I just wonder if there are further modifications that I should apply to the script in order to plot the throughput of the AP based on the logs of 'interactive_capture.hdf5' collected from example log_capture_interactive.py

Thank you.

#6 2014-Sep-13 20:53:58

murphpo
Administrator

This error indicates the log files you provided contained no Tx/Rx events that matched the filters applied by the log processing script.

The log_process_throughput_vs_time.py example assumes log files from two WARP v3 nodes configured as one AP, one STA. The script analyzes traffic between the AP and STA, ignoring all other Tx/Rx events in the logs. If you're testing a different topology (i.e. one WARP AP + many Wi-Fi clients), you need to modify the script to reflect this.

Board footer