WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-Mar-07 19:13:16

jiayang

How to make WARP work as wireless bridge?

During the workshop last semester at Rice, we had a lab session in which radio stream was generated on a PC, sent to WARP through etherNet cable, received by other WARP boards though wireless medium, and forwarded to the host PCs at last. This lab is referred as "Secret Messages" lab in the tutorial.

Now I want to implement exactly the same application on two WARP boards. However, the tutorial is all about what to do with the WARP side, and I was confused about how to configure the PC and the connection between PC and WARP to make WARP work as wireless bridge.
To be more specific, Can I use the same cable, which is used to connect a PC to the Ethernet port on wall, to connect WARP’s Ethernet port, or I should use the special cable for connecting two computers? Should I change some network setting in windows? 
I have tried to simply connect WARP and a laptop through a normal network cable, then run "ackmac" in EtherNet mode, but failed to send or receive anything.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 2007-Mar-08 14:59:25

chunter
Administrator

Re: How to make WARP work as wireless bridge?

The "Secret Messages" lab is a special uni-directional case of the functionality you are describing. Judging by your description, I believe the OFDM reference design may better suit your needs (http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/OFDMReferenceDesign).

As for the system configuration, I've added a description to the site I linked earlier.

#3 2007-Mar-08 17:40:39

jiayang

Re: How to make WARP work as wireless bridge?

Great information! Now it works. Thanks a lot!

Board footer