WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-Feb-20 13:09:06

Amir

IFFT x_n output

In the Simulink model of transmitter, there are several references to the IFFT x_n output running three cycles ahead of the input data, i.e. by the time IFFT starts processing the first data sample, the x_n provided to the Training_Data block is already at 3. Is there a way to change this value (in case we introduce additional processing delay between the packet buffer and the IFFT) ?

#2 2008-Feb-20 13:21:01

murphpo
Administrator

Re: IFFT x_n output

No; you'll have to build a new control system that delays the start of the FFT by however many extra cycles your processing requires.

#3 2008-Feb-20 13:27:08

Amir

Thanks for the quick response. Does delaying the IFFT start really solve this problem with the current setup? My impression is that the delayed IFFT start will only delay the x_n output (which is fed back to pkt buffer) accordingly. We were thinking of disconnecting the x_n output and generating our own x_n (advanced in time to compensate for the additional delay between input data and IFFT). Does that make sense?

Thanks.

#4 2008-Feb-20 13:52:34

murphpo
Administrator

That's what I meant- that you would have to ignore the FFT core's x_n output and create a control system that produces the sample index your modulator/Tx processing requires.

#5 2008-Feb-20 13:53:43

Amir

Thanks for the clarification.

Board footer