WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-Mar-07 23:29:48

zrcao

Compilation error

Please review the following error message!

Code:

./ppc405_0/lib//libxil.a(xil_printf.o)(.text+0x58): In function `padding':
/cygdrive/c/zrcao/EDK_emactest/ppc405_0/libsrc/standalone_v1_00_a/src/xil_printf.c:50: undefined reference to `outbyte'
./ppc405_0/lib//libxil.a(xil_printf.o)(.text+0x178): In function `outnum':
/cygdrive/c/zrcao/EDK_emactest/ppc405_0/libsrc/standalone_v1_00_a/src/xil_printf.c:111: undefined reference to `outbyte'
./ppc405_0/lib//libxil.a(xil_printf.o)(.text+0x260): In function `xil_printf':
/cygdrive/c/zrcao/EDK_emactest/ppc405_0/libsrc/standalone_v1_00_a/src/xil_printf.c:228: undefined reference to `outbyte'
./ppc405_0/lib//libxil.a(xil_printf.o)(.text+0x3a4):/cygdrive/c/zrcao/EDK_emactest/ppc405_0/libsrc/standalone_v1_00_a/src/xil_printf.c:228: undefined reference to `outbyte'
./ppc405_0/lib//libxil.a(xil_printf.o)(.text+0x3dc):/cygdrive/c/zrcao/EDK_emactest/ppc405_0/libsrc/standalone_v1_00_a/src/xil_printf.c:228: undefined reference to `outbyte'
./ppc405_0/lib//libxil.a(xil_printf.o)(.text+0x48c):/cygdrive/c/zrcao/EDK_emactest/ppc405_0/libsrc/standalone_v1_00_a/src/xil_printf.c:66: more undefined references to `outbyte' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [emac_test/executable.elf] Error 1

I double checked our head file inclusion --- they are exactly as warpmac.c / ackmac.c. Is it possible that we are missing critical steps in software platform setting?

Thanks.

#2 2007-Mar-07 23:35:03

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Compilation error

Does your hardware platform include a UART core? If you used one of our reference designs or Base System Builder, it will be an instance of the opb_uartlite core named RS232, visible in System Assembly View. If you're sure you have that, double check that the UART is selected as the STDIN/STDOUT in the Software Platform Settings.

If that doesn't help, please post the content of your MSS file. This is the text file that specifies all of the software platform settings. You can open it under the Project tab in XPS.

#3 2007-Mar-07 23:55:41

zrcao

Thanks. Compilation passed.
I missed the step to set STDIN/STDOUT in Software Platform Settings

It would be great if WARP team can draft a simple tutorial on software platform settings and post it on the website. I think this will be very helpful for beginning users.

Last edited by zrcao (2007-Mar-07 23:58:43)

#4 2007-Mar-13 14:56:56

Scott

zrcao wrote:

Thanks. Compilation passed.
I missed the step to set STDIN/STDOUT in Software Platform Settings

It would be great if WARP team can draft a simple tutorial on software platform settings and post it on the website. I think this will be very helpful for beginning users.

Hey zrcao, I keep a user guide I've written on XPS/EDK/Xilkernel for WARP here:

http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/ppc_prog_overview

There's a bit on software platform settings here:

http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/ppc_prog … Essentials

It seems to not be linked on the main page anymore. I'll see what's up with that.

#5 2007-Mar-14 00:52:24

Scott

OK. The link to the XPS-user guides is up again on the main page

The link itself for the software guide is here:
http://warp.rice.edu/trac/wiki/SoftwareUsersGuides

There's still a lot of useful software-tidbits floating around the rest of the site though -- particularly in the FAQs...

Board footer