WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-Jan-15 01:10:01

panna

Osa Mac

Can i please ask you to watch this short youtube video that represents a demo for OSA MAC  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X-cbQFrLxM. I've already wrote to the authors but they've not answered yet so i'm asking for your opinion because i have nobody to talk to regarding this matter. In fact i'm confused with this setup. They are running warpmac_carriersense() on both the receiver and the transmitter, so it seems that both of them would sense a primary transmitter in this setup and they should not be transmitting, don't you think? And how come there is difference in video quality (different goodput which they report in their book ​Design, Implementation and Characterization of Practical Distributed Cognitive Radio Networks Cognitive Radio Networks: From Theory to Practice which is in your papers database) when primary networks use 25,50 and 100% of channel capacity(primary netwotks are 802.11b) since it is only possible to detect whether the primary transmitter is transmitting or not, not a used capacity. Even if you try to transmit when you sense primary network using lowest WARP rate (BPSK) there should not be a difference in goodput when primary network uses 25% of capacity and 50% of capacity should it?

Do you have any opinion on this?

Thank you

#2 2015-Jan-16 09:45:04

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Osa Mac

We're not familiar with the specifics of that group's application of the WARP hardware and reference designs. They appear to have published many papers - hopefully those are a better resource.

Board footer