WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-Feb-29 12:09:55

henryxu

Phase and Frequency Offset Recovery

Hi,

As you have probably known that we integrated your OFDM receiver into our hardware platform, then we used your OFDM transmitter Simulink model to generate test data. Those data was uploaded to Agilent Signal Generator, then Agilent outpus RF signal to our hardware platform which has your OFDM receiver. We are able to receive all data correctly at the receiver. However we have to use 10 MHz external reference clock from the Agilent, otherwise the data would be messed up.
I am just wondering if I can change some register values in the OFDM receiver to solve the problem. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry Xu

#2 2008-Mar-02 22:45:53

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Phase and Frequency Offset Recovery

Carrier frequency offset is one of the core challenges in OFDM. Our PHY has a lot of processing detected to estimating and correcting CFO and the resulting phase offsets. I suggest working with the PHY in simulation to understand how these blocks work and how to adjust their parameters to handle offsets like you're seeing in hardware. We know the PHY works with our hardware, handling the range of frequency offsets we see between WARP nodes. Whether it works as-is on different hardware depends a lot on the quality and tolerance of hardware's clock sources.

Board footer