WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-Mar-16 04:03:08

hasand

ACK Packet Detection

Hi;
I have some problems about detecting the ACK packet. What I am trying to do is; during a music stream; in an infinite while loop ( while(1)), record the length of the incoming packets. If this is a ack packet I print the length of that if it is not an ack packet I reset the recording array. My questions are:

a) What is the length of ACK packet in CSMAMAC ?
b) In order to understand if it was a ack packet or data packet I have set an ackflag in receivegoodpacket function, so when  "case" is ackpacket it resets the flag. My question is; if I am sampling the incoming data in every 5 us to see whether the flag is set or not, is it possible for 'receivegoodpacket' function to reset my flag during two samples (which is 5us) ?   

Thank you very much for your assistance
Hasan

#2 2008-Mar-16 04:22:35

hasand

Re: ACK Packet Detection

Regarding my previous question to give a better insight what I am trying to, this is where I have created and set my flag.

int ackflag=1;// Flag created
int receiveGoodPacket(Macframe* packet) {

warpmac_incrementLEDHigh();

if(warpmac_addressedToMe(packet)){

Macframe ackPacket;
        switch(packet->pktType){
            case ACKPACKET:
            ackflag=packet->pktType;  /// This is where I reset my flag

In my main while loop; I am continuously checking the instantaneous RSSI value from the radio board. Whenever it is above a threshold value, I think that it is a good clue for the data to be an ack packet. So, I start counting the length of data with every 5us. Unfortunately, whenever I print this observed length on the screen it gives me very small values (like 40us) for a ack packet length.

Thank you
Bests,

#3 2008-Mar-17 13:52:39

murphpo
Administrator

Re: ACK Packet Detection

I'm not clear on exactly what you're trying to measure.

An ACK packet is always the same length (24 bytes- it's just a MAC-lever header with no payload). If you're using QPSK for the base-rate modulation (which is the default), this translates to 72us of over-the-air time for the full ACK packet (adding together the preamble, training symbols and base-rate symbols).

Board footer