You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » WARP Hardware
  •  » Some WARPv3 boards unresponsive, display "00" on 7seg displays

#1 2015-Sep-02 16:25:20

SMU_MJT

Some WARPv3 boards unresponsive, display "00" on 7seg displays

Hey guys,

So, I'm managing a lab with 15 WARPv3 boards. Approximately 5 of these boards are unresponsive. By 'unresponsive', I mean the following symptoms:
- permanently displaying "00" on the 7seg display (as is common during the boot sequence or with no design loaded into the FPGA), and never launching the projects designated by the .elf files loaded into the lower and upper microblaze processors
- Serial communication on the high processor when the FPGA is configured via JTAG reads "***************g boot process" followed by nothing. Nothing is displayed on the low processor serial.
- I have tested loading unaltered versions of the 802.11 v1.3 and 0.3 reference designs as well as the latest OFDM reference design with no success
- When keeping the SDK settings exactly the same and swapping to a working board, everything functions normally
- I have tried configuring the FPGA from the external flash (SD Card) as well as from the JTAG adapter, yielding the same results
- The boards are using the MMCX clock boards v1.0

Any advice on next debugging steps?

EDIT: I should also add that there are no errors in the SDK when programming with the JTAG, and it concludes with everything programmed successfully.

Last edited by SMU_MJT (2015-Sep-02 16:32:41)

#2 2015-Sep-02 16:38:26

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Some WARPv3 boards unresponsive, display "00" on 7seg displays

Are the switches on the CM-MMCX modules set to "up up" (both switches towards the hex displays)?

One explanation is that the CM-MMCX is configured to use an external clock source, but without an external clock the MicroBlaze won't run and the design won't boot. See WARPLab hw config for details.

#3 2015-Sep-03 14:19:10

SMU_MJT

Re: Some WARPv3 boards unresponsive, display "00" on 7seg displays

Thanks for the tip! Everything works just fine now. I forgot I had used half of the boards as 'slave' devices for another project I had done a long while ago.

• Index
  •  » WARP Hardware
  •  » Some WARPv3 boards unresponsive, display "00" on 7seg displays

Board footer