WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-Nov-18 18:49:44

Manikanta Kotaru

continuous transmission and reception using WARP V3

Currently I have a program with the following flow: transmit a packet, transport the received samples into a computer and start transmitting again.
Please inform me if we can continuously transmit and receive while paralleling transporting the received samples into a computer. Specifically, I want the receiver to constantly capture samples and every 100ms or so, I want to transport the received samples into a computer.

#2 2015-Nov-18 19:25:20

murphpo
Administrator

Re: continuous transmission and reception using WARP V3

The WARPLab Reference Design does not implement streaming. By design, WARPLab operates on discrete Tx/Rx segments interfaced to ADCs/DACs running at 40MSps. The number of samples in a Tx/Rx waveform is configurable from MATLAB. The maximum Tx/Rx durations depend on your WARP hardware version. For WARP v3 Tx/Rx waveforms can be 10's millions of samples long. Refer to the user guide for details on the WARPLab buffer sizes. With WARP v3 hardware you could use WARPLab to capture an Rx waveform 100's of times longer than 100ms. This may suffice for your experiments. If not, you will need to explore modifications to the WARPLab reference code. We would be happy to help brainstorm how best to approach this; you'll need to tell us more about your application's requirements.

Board footer