WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-Jun-02 14:48:18

ralph1999

Can RF outputs be used as single ended IQ outputs?

Dear WARP Team,

While RFA and RFB on WARP v3 can send the RF signals combining I and Q, we are trying to output the single ended I and Q signals. For this purpose, could we send the real part of signals to RFA and the imaginary part of signals to RFB? The related code is like:

Code:

t = [0:ts_tx:((tx_length - 1) * ts_tx)].';
sinusoid_1 = 0.6 * exp(j*2*pi * 1e6 * t);
tx_data = [real(sinusoid_1), j*imag(sinusoid_1)];
wl_basebandCmd(node_tx, [ifc_ids.RF_A, ifc_ids.RF_B], 'write_IQ', tx_data);

Could this way meet our purpose? Or any other way to make the single ended I and Q outputs work using RFA and RFB?

Thanks.

#2 2016-Jun-02 17:03:34

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Can RF outputs be used as single ended IQ outputs?

The WARP v3 RF interfaces cannot output analog baseband signals. The SMA jacks are connected to the Tx/Rx paths of the MAX2829 transceiver which only supports RF signals in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

#3 2016-Jun-02 17:21:45

ralph1999

Thanks for this information, murphpo. Is the WARP v1 or v2 with WARP analog board a possible solution regarding our purpose? Can we output four differential baseband IQ outputs (or at least two single ended baseband I and Q outputs) from WARP analog board?

murphpo wrote:

The WARP v3 RF interfaces cannot output analog baseband signals. The SMA jacks are connected to the Tx/Rx paths of the MAX2829 transceiver which only supports RF signals in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

#4 2016-Jun-03 08:56:02

murphpo
Administrator

The Analog Board for WARP v1/v2 has 4 analog outputs. The FMC-BB-4DA FMC module for WARP v3 likewise has 4 analog outputs. These boards support different voltage ranges on their DAC output circuits; you will need to examine whether either board is compatible with your requirement. If not many third-party FMC modules are available with different ADC/DAC circuits.

Board footer