WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-Aug-16 21:00:18

loho2027

wlan_mac_schedule_event_repeated SCHEDULE_REPEAT_FOREVER stops

Hi,

In 802.11 Reference Design, I am trying to run a function periodically in the WARP board until I ask it to stop. So I use wlan_mac_schedule_event_repeated() and attach the SCHEDULE_REPEAT_FOREVER flag to the function parameters. However, I found that it stops after about 143 times. In the original code it has    

wlan_mac_schedule_event_repeated(SCHEDULE_COARSE, ASSOCIATION_CHECK_INTERVAL_US, SCHEDULE_REPEAT_FOREVER, (void*)remove_inactive_station_infos);

I found that, using some xil_printf statements, that the remove_inactive_station_infos also stops after about 143 times.

Is there a way around this so that it runs a function periodically forever?

Regards,
loho2027

#2 2016-Aug-16 22:04:18

murphpo
Administrator

Re: wlan_mac_schedule_event_repeated SCHEDULE_REPEAT_FOREVER stops

What version of the 802.11 Reference Design are you using? Have you made any other changes to the code?

One possibility for code behaving differently after running for some time is malloc failures due to insufficient heap space or too much heap churn. This can definitely happen if your code leaks memory (i.e. calls malloc without free). This shouldn't be a problem in the unmodified reference code. We definitely improved the default heap usage in v1.5.2 to accommodate more heap-intensive custom code.

#3 2016-Aug-16 23:00:17

loho2027

Re: wlan_mac_schedule_event_repeated SCHEDULE_REPEAT_FOREVER stops

Thank you for your help.

I got it working now. I forgot to free the variables after I used malloc in my modified code, so that's why it crashed.

Regards,
loho2027

Board footer