WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-Dec-06 05:50:43

Rather

802.11 Reference Design

Hello

I started working with the 802.11 Reference Design,and i following the guide on the website,while i am going through the Creating SDK steps.

i didnt understand the following line..

"The text below uses <xps_proj>/ as a placeholder for the XPS Project inside the expanded archive's EDK_Projects folder"

Kindly help with that.

i tried to create my own workspace and imported those 8 projects in that but after cleaning all ,they show error.

i have unzipped the 802.11 reference design as in disk D:\warp\projects\reference_designs\mango_802.11\

please help me in creating the workspace for same.

Thank you

#2 2016-Dec-06 09:24:48

chunter
Administrator

Re: 802.11 Reference Design

Rather wrote:

i didnt understand the following line..

"The text below uses <xps_proj>/ as a placeholder for the XPS Project inside the expanded archive's EDK_Projects folder"

Kindly help with that.

The folder inside the "EDK_Projects" folder is called "Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4" in the most recent release zip. So, all that is saying is that any time you see "<xps_proj> in the instructions, replace it with "Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4". We only did this so that we don't have to change the instructions every time we make a new release simply to adopt the new version number.

Rather wrote:

i tried to create my own workspace and imported those 8 projects in that but after cleaning all ,they show error.

i have unzipped the 802.11 reference design as in disk D:\warp\projects\reference_designs\mango_802.11\

please help me in creating the workspace for same.

You'll have to be more specific about some of the errors you are seeing. It probably means that you either did not successfully set up the Local Repository to be the correct "Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4" folder or you did not successfully set up the Global Repository to be the edk_user_repository.

#3 2016-Dec-11 23:23:06

Rather

I have Set up everything as in the user guide,Still when i import all the 8 projects in the work space.It builds up and shows the following errors in console and i replaced the 'xps' with "Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4" in the SDK.The steps i follow are as

local copy of the WARP edk_user_repository is up to date and in the repository search path of XPS
Launch Xilinx SDK and select <"Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4">/SDK_Workspace as the active workspace
Select Xilinx Tools -> Repositories. In Local Repositories click New, then select <"Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4">/ and click OK. Be sure to select the root of the XPS project (the folder containing system.mhs, not the SDK_Workspace folder.
Import the SDK projects provided by the reference design
Select File -> Import
Expand General -> Existing Projects into Workspace, click Next
Click Browse and navigate to <"Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4">/SDK_Workspace
8 projects will be listed:
wlan_bsp_cpu_high
wlan_bsp_cpu_low
wlan_mac_high_ap
wlan_mac_high_ibss
wlan_mac_high_sta
wlan_mac_low_dcf
wlan_mac_low_nomac

In the SDK Project Explorer:
For each CPU High project listed below, right-click the project name, select Change Referenced BSP, in the new dialog select wlan_bsp_cpu_high, then click OK
wlan_mac_high_ap
wlan_mac_high_ibss
wlan_mac_high_sta

after this it builds it up and shows the following errors.

Code:

MF"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_common.d" -MT"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_common.d" -o "wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_common.o" "D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_common.c"
D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_common.c:22:25: fatal error: xparameters.h: No such file or directory
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc compiler'
compilation terminated.
mb-gcc -Wall -Os -g3 -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_ap\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_common\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_framework\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -Wl,--no-relax -I../../wlan_bsp_cpu_high/mb_high/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.40.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -MMD -MP -MF"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_node.d" -MT"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_node.d" -o "wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_node.o" "D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_node.c"
D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_node.c:18:25: fatal error: xparameters.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc compiler'
mb-gcc -Wall -Os -g3 -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_ap\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_common\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_framework\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -Wl,--no-relax -I../../wlan_bsp_cpu_high/mb_high/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.40.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -MMD -MP -MF"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_transport.d" -MT"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_transport.d" -o "wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_transport.o" "D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_transport.c"
D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_transport.c:19:25: fatal error: xparameters.h: No such file or directory
mb-gcc -Wall -Os -g3 -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_ap\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_common\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_framework\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -Wl,--no-relax -I../../wlan_bsp_cpu_high/mb_high/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.40.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -MMD -MP -MF"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_user.d" -MT"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_user.d" -o "wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_user.o" "D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_user.c"
compilation terminated.
mb-gcc -Wall -Os -g3 -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_ap\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_common\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_framework\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -Wl,--no-relax -I../../wlan_bsp_cpu_high/mb_high/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.40.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -MMD -MP -MF"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_addr_filter.d" -MT"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_addr_filter.d" -o "wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_addr_filter.o" "D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_addr_filter.c"
D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_user.c:18:25: fatal error: xparameters.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_addr_filter.c:21:23: fatal error: xil_types.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
mb-gcc -Wall -Os -g3 -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_ap\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_common\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_framework\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -Wl,--no-relax -I../../wlan_bsp_cpu_high/mb_high/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.40.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -MMD -MP -MF"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_bss_info.d" -MT"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_bss_info.d" -o "wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_bss_info.o" "D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_bss_info.c"
D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_bss_info.c:19:23: fatal error: xil_types.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
mb-gcc -Wall -Os -g3 -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_ap\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_common\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_framework\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -Wl,--no-relax -I../../wlan_bsp_cpu_high/mb_high/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.40.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -MMD -MP -MF"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_dl_list.d" -MT"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_dl_list.d" -o "wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_dl_list.o" "D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_dl_list.c"
In file included from D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_dl_list.c:23:0:
mb-gcc -Wall -Os -g3 -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_ap\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_common\include" -I"D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_framework\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -Wl,--no-relax -I../../wlan_bsp_cpu_high/mb_high/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.40.b -mno-xl-soft-mul -MMD -MP -MF"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_entries.d" -MT"wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_entries.d" -o "wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_entries.o" "D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_entries.c"
D:\WARP\projects\try\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_high_framework\include/wlan_mac_high.h:21:23: fatal error: xil_types.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_common.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_node.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_transport.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_exp_user.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_addr_filter.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_bss_info.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_dl_list.o] Error 1
D:/WARP/projects/try/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.5.4/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_entries.c:31:23: fatal error: xil_types.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [wlan_mac_high_framework/wlan_mac_entries.o] Error 1

10:45:56 Build Finished (took 3s.233ms)

#4 2016-Dec-12 09:49:30

murphpo
Administrator

fatal error: xparameters.h: No such file or directory

This error indicates that the BSP did not build successfully. The BSPs must build before any application project will build. Verify that your edk_user_repository is up to date, that the edk_user_repository is in the SDK's Global Repositories list.

You can view the BSP build log in the 'libgen.log' file in the BSP project folder. This log file will contain the actual BSP compilation error message you must fix before the application projects can build.

#5 2016-Dec-12 09:58:54

Rather

Thank you. i fixed the error as you said

Board footer