WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Jan-11 16:30:31

JannieLee

Error in run throughput example

Hi all,

I meet some problems currently and eagerly seek some solutions.
I want to run throughput example of 802.11 reference design, firstly, I tried to download .bin file in SD cards, after I renamed dd.exe to win-dd.exe, I fail to run win-dd --list in cmd( already run as administrator), it showed"win--dd is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I just putthe win-dd.exe on the desktop but still failed. So I decided to download the bitstreams via SDK, when program FPGA, I chose w3_802.11_STA_v1.5.3.bit file at bitstream and kept system_bd.bmm at bmm file, as for .elf file, I chose bootloop for two of them.(I am not sure whether this can work or not). Then UART showed as beblow:
     ***** WARP v3 Clock Config Core *****
      Program Assembly Date: 24 Jan 2015

No config data in EEPROM - Using Defaults
No Clock Module Detected
Clock Config Complete - Continuing Boot Process

Then I went to configure python, I did change directory just as direction to \Python_Reference\examples, but when I input import wlan_exp in python console, nothing happened. I was not sure is this reasonable or not, so I skipped this and opened anaconda prompt and inputted python blink_node_leds.py, it showed as beblow:
Identifying all nodes at network 10.0.0.0, please check the LEDs.

But nobody blinks! That's strange. Then I tried python throughput_two_nodes.py, there are errors showed up, saying nodes were not able to initialized (sorry I fail to copy the error log on here).

I am not sure which step is wrong, I have searched a lot on forum but still can't solve this problem.
Thanks a lot a lot for your kind help!

Best Regards,
Jannie

#2 2017-Jan-12 09:25:28

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Error in run throughput example

firstly, I tried to download .bin file in SD cards, after I renamed dd.exe to win-dd.exe, I fail to run win-dd --list in cmd( already run as administrator), it showed"win--dd is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I just putthe win-dd.exe on the desktop but still failed.

An .exe file must be on your path for the command to be recognized. The command prompt's current directory is usually on the path; try 'cd' to the directory containing the dd.exe and .bin files.

So I decided to download the bitstreams via SDK, when program FPGA, I chose w3_802.11_STA_v1.5.3.bit file at bitstream and kept system_bd.bmm at bmm file, as for .elf file, I chose bootloop for two of them.(I am not sure whether this can work or not).

No, this is not right.

The .bit files in the reference design archive can be downloaded to the FPGA using Xilinx iMPACT. These .bit files already integrate the hardware design and a specific  software design (i.e. STA for CPU High, DCF for CPU Low).

You can also configure the FPGA from the SDK. This is the best way to configure the FPGA after modifying the C source code. Please refer to the SDK page in the ref design user guide for instructions on creating an SDK workspace that can generate a working bitstream.

#3 2017-Jan-12 09:29:43

JannieLee

Re: Error in run throughput example

Thanks for your reply, I have solved this problem now, it works!

Board footer