WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Mar-29 22:52:17

toance0901

Local: the upper-level MAC application can generate traffic internally

Hello ! I 'm student .
I readed  " Local: the upper-level MAC application can generate traffic internally. This includes management frames (probe request/response, etc) and arbitrary traffic generated by the framework's LTG system. " 

the upper-level MAC application can generate traffic internally.
Ex: I want to transmit char "HELLO" form AP to STA and show it.
What code i can edit in SDK ?

Thank very much ! ^^

#2 2017-Mar-30 10:52:51

chunter
Administrator

Re: Local: the upper-level MAC application can generate traffic internally

wlan_mac_packet_types.c shows a bunch of different kinds of packets that get constructed by the node. You can search for those function names to figure out where they get called in the rest of the design.

You can construct an arbitrary data packet with any payload you want, including the string "HELLO". One string example that might be useful is to see how the "WARP-AP" default SSID gets used in the construction of beacon and probe response frames. The STA that receives those frames records the string into the corresponding bss_info_t that describes the AP's BSS.

#3 2017-Mar-31 00:31:41

toance0901

Thank you !
I have one more question !

The " Mango 802.11 Reference Design Experiments " can transmitted the LTG frame. But I think it only the data of Parameter transmitted .

I want to add my data to frame LTG and use Experiments with my data.
May  I edit struct of code ?

Thanks !

Last edited by toance0901 (2017-Mar-31 01:54:24)

#4 2017-Mar-31 08:25:11

chunter
Administrator

I guess you could modify the LTG payload to be whatever you want, but you might consider using the Ethernet bridge/portal functionality to send arbitrary data. The node will encapsulate and de-encapsulate Ethernet frames on Eth A. So you could generate your data on a host PC connected to Eth A on the board. You can still use wlan_exp to run experiments, gather statistics, pull logs, etc.

Board footer