WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-Jul-22 14:09:25

abishek

WARP board not detected in XPS base system builder

I have downloaded the evaluation version 10.1 of the Xilinx design suite.
I have been able to do the Idcode looping to test the usb and  serial cables.

But when i close impact and open XPS while keeping the board switched on, BSB does not detect the Warp borad in the list of target development boards.
Only Xilinx appears on that list.

I have gone through the above exercise in earlier versions like Xilinx 8.2 where it could detect the board.

I even updated my svn checkout from the repository.

Please let me know why BSB is not able to detect the board.

Thanks and Regards,
Abishek

PS: Since the tools came together, they are in C:/Xilinx/10.1/ISE, EDK etc
Could this be a problem?.

#2 2008-Jul-22 14:19:32

murphpo
Administrator

Re: WARP board not detected in XPS base system builder

As of version 10.1, the EDK no longer searches the directory "C:\edk_user_repository\" by default. Instead you need to specify this path as a valid repository in the XPS preferences.

Open XPS but don't open any projects (click Cancel when first prompt comes up). Open Edit -> Preferences. In Application Preferences, in the Global Peripheral Repository field, enter the path to your user repository (probably C:\edk_user_repository\).

Be sure your local repository is up to date. We modified the XBD (the file that drives BSB) recently to merge the User I/O GPIO cores. We used the updated XBD for the workshop last week.

#3 2008-Jul-22 14:23:44

kshitij

Another option:

When you start up a new project in EDK using the Base System Builder Wizard, check the "Set Project Peripheral Repositories" box and set the path to   "C:\edk_user_repository" (assuming this is where you have placed the WARP xbd files, which has been dealt with in the setup tutorial on the WARP website). Also , run an svn update on this folder. I suppose it should work now.

Last edited by kshitij (2008-Jul-22 14:24:21)

#4 2008-Jul-22 14:54:41

abishek

Thanks a ton!. It worked perfectly fine.

Board footer