WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Apr-24 08:52:04

shanggdlk

about the radio isolation

Hi sir,

I have built up a 1Tx-7Rx 2.4G ofdm system using two WARP V3 (plus two FMC interface). The single Tx is an Omni-directional antenna 7m away from the Rx array.

The single Tx is the RF_A of the board01. However, I found there is significant interference between the Tx and the first Rx (RF_B of the board01). I did some search on similar topics on the forum, and find that a 50db difference between the Tx and adjacent Rx could help. While I try to change as follows:

wl_interfaceCmd(node_tx, TX_RFA, 'tx_gains', 3, 20);
wl_interfaceCmd(node_tx, [ifc_ids_TX.RF_B + ifc_ids_TX.RF_C + ifc_ids_TX.RF_D], 'rx_gains', 2, 31); (the three RF B, C, D in node_tx is three receiver rx);

It seems not help too much, could you point out some configurations to help?

Thanks!

#2 2017-Apr-24 11:52:51

murphpo
Administrator

Re: about the radio isolation

The isolation between RF interfaces is inherent to the circuit board design. I think 50 dB isolation between adjacent interfaces is pretty good (I'm biased of course). Adjusting the gains will not affect the isolation. Reducing Tx gains will reduce the power of both the transmitted signal and the self-interference signal. Reducing the Rx gains will reduce the amplitude of the received waveform (Rx + self-interference) at the ADCs. Neither gain adjustment can affect the inherent attenuation between the Tx and Rx paths of neighboring RF interfaces.

#3 2017-Apr-24 18:19:07

shanggdlk

Thanks, Murph. Is there any other way to minimize such interference?

murphpo wrote:

The isolation between RF interfaces is inherent to the circuit board design. I think 50 dB isolation between adjacent interfaces is pretty good (I'm biased of course). Adjusting the gains will not affect the isolation. Reducing Tx gains will reduce the power of both the transmitted signal and the self-interference signal. Reducing the Rx gains will reduce the amplitude of the received waveform (Rx + self-interference) at the ADCs. Neither gain adjustment can affect the inherent attenuation between the Tx and Rx paths of neighboring RF interfaces.

Last edited by shanggdlk (2017-Apr-24 18:19:20)

#4 2017-Apr-24 21:05:34

murphpo
Administrator

Is there any other way to minimize such interference?

No - the isolation between adjacent interfaces is inherent to the hardware design.

Board footer