WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Jun-02 07:09:28

Edlmann

Source Data Sensitivity Graph

Hi,

is the source data (meaning the measurements mapping from mcs + snr => PER) for the rx-sensitivity graph (https://warpproject.org/trac/attachment … tivity.png) available anywhere, and if so could you point me towards it?

Thanks

#2 2017-Jun-02 08:50:19

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Source Data Sensitivity Graph

I don't quite understand the query. That Rx sensitivity experiment used attenuation between Tx and Rx as the independent variable. The x-axis shows Rx power (Tx power - attenuation) for easier comparison to the Rx sensitivity requirements in the 802.11 spec. Each line represents a single MCS. A long traffic flow was used at each (MCS, attenuation) pair to measure the PER. SNR was not considered anywhere in that experiment, though you could reasonably assume a fixed noise power at Rx and convert the Rx power values to SNR.

#3 2017-Jun-02 09:18:44

Edlmann

Sorry, wrong keyword on my part. Not snr, but rather rx-power.

From my understanding, the experiment behind that benchmark is the following: A known good waveform is generated and transmitted (through a RF-cable with varying powers) to the Warp board. The board then determines the amount of packets lost in this setup.

What I would be interested in is the dataset used to generate this graph - the measurement results as raw data instead of consolidated into the graph.

Thanks for your time

#4 2017-Jun-02 10:07:44

murphpo
Administrator

I posted a .zip file to: https://warpproject.org/dl/misc/rx_sensitivity_data.zip

I think this is the raw data for that PER plot, but I'm not positive (we ran that experiment a few years ago). The .csv files are raw power/MCS/PER points for RF A and/or RF B on a few WARP v3 kits. The .m file generates an un-averaged plot (overlapping lines per .csv file).

Board footer