WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Sep-06 08:54:50

fc

The configure of tx bandwidth and rx bandwidth

Hello, I have tried the 8x2 array example, but I do not understand the difference between Tx bandwidth and Rx bandwidth, in referenced m code , there write "tx_lpf_corn_freq= 2 " and "rx_lpf_corn_freq=3" http://warpproject.org/trac/browser/Res … 2_array.m,    and noting that they all have the same bandwidth 36MHZ,   why? Could you interpret this problem, and how to modify the tx bandwidth and rx bandwidth.

Thanks

#2 2017-Sep-06 10:26:42

murphpo
Administrator

Re: The configure of tx bandwidth and rx bandwidth

Those WARPLab parameters directly configure the Tx and Rx low pass filters in the MAX2829 radio. Refer to the MAX2829 datasheet for the frequency response curves for each filter setting (plots on page 23, "RX BB FREQUENCY RESPONSE" and "TX BASEBAND FREQUENCY RESPONSE").

#3 2017-Sep-06 20:45:15

fc

murphpo wrote:

Those WARPLab parameters directly configure the Tx and Rx low pass filters in the MAX2829 radio. Refer to the MAX2829 datasheet for the frequency response curves for each filter setting (plots on page 23, "RX BB FREQUENCY RESPONSE" and "TX BASEBAND FREQUENCY RESPONSE").

Thank you for you help, I have read the datasheet on page 23, but there still does not explain that why the tx bandwidth=36MHz when the parameter "tx_lpf_corn_freq=2", and the rx bandwidth=36MHz when the parameter "rx_lpf_corn_freq=3".

Hence, I have a question that  if I want tx bandwidth and rx bandwidth all are 20MHz, what the values should to be given to the parameter "tx_lpf_corn_freq" and "rx_lpf_corn_freq".

Thanks.

#4 2017-Sep-07 10:02:07

murphpo
Administrator

Refer to Table 15 in the MAX2829 datasheet - those WARPLab commands set the "Tx LPF Corner Frequency Coarse Adjustment" and "Rx LPF Corner Frequency Coarse Adjustment" fields in register 0x07. The corner frequencies (corner frequency = bandwidth / 2) correspond to the curves I mentioned above.

Board footer