WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Sep-08 17:00:32

shanggdlk

RF A light blinking and the board does not work

Dear sir,

I have encountered the following problem: the RF A light of my WARP V3 board is continuously blinking when launching the board.  There is an error code E2 on the digital display. All the other three RF lights do not blink. Could you help to tell how to solve it?

Thanks!

#2 2017-Sep-08 22:05:57

shanggdlk

Re: RF A light blinking and the board does not work

The photo is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk7xnjz790t9s … e.JPG?dl=0

Last edited by shanggdlk (2017-Sep-08 22:12:43)

#3 2017-Sep-11 11:40:39

murphpo
Administrator

Blinking LEDs on an RF interface indicate the radio PLL is not locked. This can occur if you have a clock module installed but do not supply an external clock. It can also occur if the hardware is damaged. If you're not using a clock module, it's likely the board requires repair. You can attempt repairs locally or email us at support[at]mangocomm.com to discuss repair options via our manufacturer. If your application only requires 1 RF interface you can also modify the C code to ignore the unlocked condition on RF A and continue using RF B normally.

#4 2017-Sep-11 14:13:13

shanggdlk

murphpo wrote:

Blinking LEDs on an RF interface indicate the radio PLL is not locked. This can occur if you have a clock module installed but do not supply an external clock. It can also occur if the hardware is damaged. If you're not using a clock module, it's likely the board requires repair. You can attempt repairs locally or email us at support[at]mangocomm.com to discuss repair options via our manufacturer. If your application only requires 1 RF interface you can also modify the C code to ignore the unlocked condition on RF A and continue using RF B normally.

Thanks, Murphpo. Appreciate!

I tried two ways: 1): supplying clock using its own clock (CM-MMCX) 2): using an external clock. Unfortunately, both of them fail.  So I think I need to contact for repairs.

Anyway, thanks a lot!

#5 2017-Sep-11 19:48:52

shanggdlk

murphpo wrote:

By the way, could you tell me which C file/part should I modify to make the WARP ignore the RF_A error?

Thanks

#6 2017-Sep-11 21:55:16

murphpo
Administrator

I think it's sufficient to comment out this line to bypass the halt when the radio doesn't lock on boot.

#7 2017-Sep-11 22:39:34

shanggdlk

Thanks so much, really appreciate!

murphpo wrote:

I think it's sufficient to comment out this line to bypass the halt when the radio doesn't lock on boot.

Board footer