WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-Sep-20 09:25:37

mmcruirong

802.11 Demo

Hi, I am new to warp 3 and try to get the 802.11 demo working. I have set up both peripherals in XPS as: F:\WARP_Repository\edk_user_repository. The local peripheral for EDK is D:\research\17.2\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.7.2\, global peripheral is F:\WARP_Repository\edk_user_repository.
In SDK it still gave me error like this:

D:\research\17.2\EDK_Projects\Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.7.2\SDK_Workspace\svn_src\wlan_mac_common_framework\include/wlan_mac_common.h:19:23: fatal error: xil_types.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [wlan_platform_low/w3_low.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [wlan_platform_low/w3_phy_util.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_platform_common/w3_common.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_platform_common/w3_mac_time_util.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_platform_common/w3_sysmon_util.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_platform_common/w3_userio_util.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_low_framework/wlan_mac_low.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_low_framework/wlan_phy_util.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_common_framework/wlan_mac_common.o] Error 1
make: *** [wlan_mac_common_framework/wlan_mac_dl_list.o] Error 1
D:/research/17.2/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.7.2/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_common_framework/wlan_mac_mailbox_util.c:20:21: fatal error: xstatus.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [wlan_mac_common_framework/wlan_mac_mailbox_util.o] Error 1
D:/research/17.2/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.7.2/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_common_framework/wlan_mac_pkt_buf_util.c:17:20: fatal error: xmutex.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [wlan_mac_common_framework/wlan_mac_pkt_buf_util.o] Error 1
D:/research/17.2/EDK_Projects/Mango_802.11_RefDes_v1.7.2/SDK_Workspace/svn_src/wlan_mac_low_nomac/wlan_mac_nomac.c:18:17: fatal error: xio.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [src/wlan_mac_nomac.o] Error 1

I dont know what step I am missing and I am using 14.7.

Please let me know how can I fix this. It has been bother me for two days.

Thank you so much

#2 2017-Sep-20 09:57:51

murphpo
Administrator

Re: 802.11 Demo

All those errors indicate the compiler cannot find header files provided by the Xilinx peripheral drivers. These drivers are delivered as part of the BSP. Likely causes:
-The BSP projects aren't compiling - check the <bsp_project>/libgen.log file for errors
-Your SDK installation is incomplete (i.e. missing the drivers entirely)
-Your SDK is not configured to search for the Xilinx drivers. In the SDK Repositories window there should be 3 directories in the "SDK Installation Repositories" list (<ISE_dir>/sw/lib, /sw/XilinxProcessorIPLib, and /sw/ThirdParty), where <ISE_dir> is the full path of your ISE installation.

Also, you should use version 14.4 of the Xilinx tools with our reference designs. The 14.7 tools have known bugs in the SDK (see this thread for one example). You can download the 14.4 tools from Xilinx and use them with the same license that works with 14.7.

#3 2017-Sep-20 19:17:40

mmcruirong

Re: 802.11 Demo

Thanks! Problem solved by reinstalled 14.4

Board footer