WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-Apr-04 09:09:04

Jelena

Siso Ofdm

Hello,
I want to use the SISO OFDM example/ WARPLab Reference Design to sent/receive a picture. Is it enough to replace

'tx_data=randi(MOD_ORDER,1,N_DATA_SYMS)-1;

with picture (array that will represent the picture) and modify the demolulation part?

Thank you for your answer!

#2 2018-Apr-04 09:49:59

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Siso Ofdm

That line of code generates a vector of random integers. Each integer represents the bits encoded in one modulated symbol. To send a real payload you can replace these random integers with integers generated from your payload, then update the demodulation process to reconstruct your payload.

I strongly encourage you to build this in simulation first. The WARPLab OFDM examples support simulation-only when USE_WARPLAB_TXRX=0.

#3 2018-Apr-16 11:49:22

Jelena

Okaay. I am using a imread/reshape matlab functions to get a one-dimensional vector. But problem is now:
''reshape the number of elements must not change''
in line : tx_syms_mat = reshape(tx_syms, length(SC_IND_DATA), N_OFDM_SYMS);
because length(tx_syms is not =  length(SC_IND_DATA)* N_OFDM_SYMS

What should i do?
thank you!

Last edited by Jelena (2018-Apr-16 14:17:08)

#4 2018-Apr-17 10:20:26

murphpo
Administrator

I cannot tell you how to build your custom code - you need to figure this out on your own. You have already identified the problem above (your new tx_syms vector is the wrong length).

#5 2018-Apr-28 08:58:11

Jelena

Thank you for fast answers. I figure it out how to send a picture which dimensions i know. (example: 240x100 bmp ). I now want to send any picture, but i don't know can i modify the numbers of carriers? I can modify number of symbols but occasionally number of symbols is not int (and then i have problem with reshape functions). What should i do?

#6 2018-Apr-30 09:23:18

murphpo
Administrator

The OFDM example scripts support payload of arbitrary length, set by the N_OFDM_SYMS variable by default. You should not modify the number of subcarriers to adjust the payload length.

Board footer