WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-Sep-08 09:59:35

dpfeil

MIMO OFDM reference design

I am having trouble generating the MIMO_OFDM simulink model.  I have tried the files in the repository, as well as the model in the pcores->ofdm_txrx_mimo_plbw_v1_07_g->mdlsrc folder of the latest ofdm reference model v11.  I am using Xilinx 10.1 software as well as Matlab 2007b.  The error occurs during the netlisting part of the generation.  Could it be because I am using 2007b instead of a?  the error i get is:

Checking simulation times
Performing compilation and generation

*** ERROR ***

Errors occurred during netlist generation.
Error using ==> sim
--> Error reported by S-function 'sdspsigattrib' in 'ofdm_txrx_mimo/OFDM Rx MIMO/Equalizer & Packetizer/Phase Adjust/Post-PhaseAdj/Is Discrete/Check Signal Attributes':
Continuous sample times not allowed.
--> Error reported by S-function 'sysgen' in 'ofdm_txrx_mimo/EDK Processor/Constant5':
A summary of Sysgen errors has been written to ofdm_txrx_mimo_sysgen_error.log.

any insight would be great.  Thanks

#2 2008-Sep-08 10:21:05

dpfeil

Re: MIMO OFDM reference design

I just wanted to specify another thing.  I went through the simple transmitter lab (lab 3) from July 2008 and I got an error when generating as well:

standard exception: XNetlistEngine:
An exception was raised:
com.xilinx.sysgen.netlist.NetlistInternal: couldn't run "C:/Xilinx/10.1/ISE/bin/nt/coregen.exe -b makeproj 1>C:/Documents and Settings/dpfeil/Desktop/WARPWorkshop_SweepingTx_Src/Lab3_SweepingTx/sysgen/sweepingTx_v00/sysgen/coregen_WtJ6/coregen_tmp/first_pass_coregen.txt 2>&1" at C:\Documents and Settings\dpfeil\Desktop\WARPWorkshop_SweepingTx_Src\Lab3_SweepingTx\sysgen\sweepingTx_v00\sysgen\masterScript32278.pl line 1008

Reported by:
  Unspecified

#3 2008-Sep-08 11:18:11

murphpo
Administrator

Do you have the latest Sysgen service pack? Check by running 'xlversion' on the MATLAB command line; it should say Sysgen version 10.1.2.1250.

The second issue is a long-known Xilinx bug- you can't save projects in directories with spaces. Move the project somewhere else (C:\Documents and Settings\ is no good) and it should work fine.

#4 2008-Sep-08 15:28:22

dpfeil

Thanks.  Yes, the space issue fixed our simple tx.  However, we have the correct sysgen version and are using the MIMO_OFDM model from the warp repository and are still getting the same error, which also mentions something about not being able to use continuous sample times.  Are we supposed to export it to a xmp file or is do we want to choose one of the other 2 options in the system generator box?  We created a fresh system.xmp file to export it to, and we still got the same error.

#5 2008-Sep-08 16:13:03

murphpo
Administrator

The continuous sample time error is new to me. Does the model work if you only try simulating it (pressing play in Simulink)? It will take a long time to initialize, and should run long enough to see 0 BER on the displays inside the Rx subsystem.

#6 2008-Sep-08 16:55:13

dpfeil

Yes, the model works fine for simulation only.  our basic software setup is xilinx suite 10.1, matlab 2007b on windows server 2003.  Could it be windows server 2003?  Also, we have older versions of xilinx on the machine, could that be causing an error?

#7 2008-Sep-08 17:12:52

murphpo
Administrator

It definitely feels like a problem with software versions, but I don't know exactly which ones. Do you have the latest updates for the other Xilinx tools (ISE SP2 and IP Update 2, EDK SP2)? The old Xilinx installation might be a problem. Does the XILINX environment variable point to the files for the right version? (on a Windows command line, run 'echo %XILINX%').

#8 2008-Sep-08 17:17:02

murphpo
Administrator

Another thing to try- delete the EDK processor block from the model, then drag in a new one from the Library. Open it and click Add (to populate its memory map with all the shared memory blocks in the model). Then close the block and try generating the model again.

#9 2008-Sep-08 18:35:14

dpfeil

Thanks.  The software update seemed to do the trick....should have thought of that before.

#10 2008-Dec-19 08:05:01

bit

Hi,

your posts are very useful, thanks. I am also working on analog board, but I am using the OFDM reference design. If I want to use the analog board, I need change the port connection firstly, then modify the PHY model (mainly change the data width from 16 to 14). which model should I modify?  is it ofdm_txrx_mimo.mdl? thanks for your reply.

#11 2008-Dec-19 21:19:52

murphpo
Administrator

ofdm_txrx_mimo.mdl is the source model for the PHY in the OFDM reference design. Check the OFDM ref design changelog to see which SVN revision corresponds to the posted reference design.

#12 2009-Oct-12 06:34:25

mgalal

hi
I need support
I tried the first example in the respository ddsexample but found a problem when generate netlist
1- defaultblockdiagram
standard exception: XNetlistEngine:
An exception was raised:
com.xilinx.sysgen.netlist.NetlistInternal: couldn't run C:\Xilinx\10.1\ISE/bin/nt/coregen -b makeproj at C:\Documents and Settings\zm\My Documents\MATLAB\netlist\sysgen\masterScript41383.pl line 980
2-United/Register
A summary of Sysgen errors has been written to ddsexample_sysgen_error.log
taking in regards that I installed Xilinx 10.1 and Matlab R2007b and when executing order xlversion found that Current version of System Generator is 10.1.1134.
regards
mohamed galal

Board footer