WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-Oct-17 11:02:32

Rita

Continuous Transmission Using WARPLab 7.3.0

Hi I have a few questions:
I am using wl_Example_siso_txrx example from WARPLab 7.3.0. I want to provide a continuous transmission and be able to constantly receive the transmitted signals at the receiver side.
1) I couldn't find an example for a continuous transmission in M_Code_Examples. I would appreciate if you help me with that.
2) I am going to use the WARPLab along with an emulator. I connected the Transmitter and receiver WARP boards to the transmitter and receiver ports of the channel emulator. Then I ran the code and channel emulator. Should I also change the code to be able to work with the channel emulator?
Thanks for you.

#2 2018-Oct-18 09:10:57

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Continuous Transmission Using WARPLab 7.3.0

First - please consider updating to the latest WARPLab release (currently v7.7.1 for WARP v3).

1) I couldn't find an example for a continuous transmission in M_Code_Examples. I would appreciate if you help me with that.

Continuous Tx mode is enabled with the wl_basebandCmd(node_tx, 'continuous_tx', true) command. Refer to the wl_example_continuous_tx.m for am example. Keep in mind that WARPLab's continuous Tx mode transmits the same waveform repeatedly - it does not transfer a new waveform from the PC for every repetition.

2) I am going to use the WARPLab along with an emulator. I connected the Transmitter and receiver WARP boards to the transmitter and receiver ports of the channel emulator. Then I ran the code and channel emulator. Should I also change the code to be able to work with the channel emulator?

We don't know anything about your emulator. You need to study the emulator's documentation and interface requirements, then figure out if this affects your WARPLab Tx/Rx code.

#3 2018-Oct-27 10:22:24

Rita

Thank you for your reply. Does this function work in SISO example as well? Also, is there a continuous receiver mode as well? How we can continually receive the transmitted signal?
Thank you

Last edited by Rita (2018-Oct-27 10:24:17)

#4 2018-Oct-29 09:27:07

murphpo
Administrator

Does this function work in SISO example as well?

Yes

Also, is there a continuous receiver mode as well? How we can continually receive the transmitted signal?

WARPLab does not support continuous reception. The WARPLab Reference Design captures samples at 40MSps. The raw data rate of this sample stream exceeds the 1Gbps capacity of the Ethernet link. The WARPLab hardware captures long bursts of 40MSps samples into DRAM on the WARP node; the WARPLab m code then retrieves this captured waveform.

Board footer