WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-Dec-08 00:46:22

sun

3x3mimo extened from 2x2 mimo

I try to use warp vs to achieve 3x3 mimo based on 2x2 mimo.

I just modify the matlab code.

but, the ber is almost 40% when using bpsk with reasonable transmitting power

actually, I just add RFC to 2x2 mimo, all the settings of RFC is same as RFB in 2x2 mimo.

could some one specify what's wrong with my code?
i guess it is the issue related with channel estimation.

#2 2018-Dec-08 14:17:19

murphpo
Administrator

Re: 3x3mimo extened from 2x2 mimo

This is not something we can debug for you remotely. You will need to examine your code and run experiments to understand performance of your PHY implementation. I would strongly encourage you to test the design in simulation (all M code, no hardware) with various Rx powers, noise levels, channel matrices, etc. You should only use real over-the-air waveforms after you're convinced the underlying Tx/Rx algorithms are implemented correctly.

#3 2018-Dec-08 20:45:10

sun

Re: 3x3mimo extened from 2x2 mimo

yes, thanks sir.

I am looking at the 2x2 mimo matlab code.

preamble_legacy_B = [circshift(sts_t_rep, [0, TX_SPATIAL_STREAM_SHIFT]), zeros(1, 160)];

for the above code line, i am confused.

the comments said that
"We will  append an extra LTS sequence from RFB so that we can build out the channel matrix at the receiver"   

1. we use the preamble_mimo_A and preamble_mimo_B to estimate the channel between A and B. why does preamble_legacy_B matter? and, do is matter to build a channel matric at the receiver?  I just know that preamble_mimo_A and preamble_mimo_B has to be orthogonal at time domain such that we can estimate the channel matrix at the receiver side.

2. the comments said we append an extra LTS sequence from RFB, but i don't see that in the above code line. the above code line just append a bunch of zeros to preamble_legacy_B.

Thanks for your patience.

Board footer