WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Jan-03 03:47:09

Rather

Fmc-rf-2x245 Interface With WARV3

Hello WARP users,

We have to perform a simple demo on WARP v3  at our customer site.
We have to install one WARP v3 board and one FMC_RF_2x245 module and have to perform demo using same.

Following are the Steps i followed 
1). Connected The FMC module onto the WARPv3 board and mounted antennas to both on board RF interfaces as well as with FMC Module RF interfaces, which makes my board as a single node with 4 RF interfaces.
2). As far i understand we can perform a  2x2 MIMO(2 on board RF interfaces as transmitters and 2 FMC module RF interfaces as Receivers)  and  SISO ( from on board single antenna to FMC RF single antenna).
3). To work with WARPLAB reference designs, I have to download the 4RF.bit(provided by mango within the WARPLAB reference design) file onto the board which includes the FMC modules Antennas also into the design.(help me if i am wrong here)
4). As soon i tried to download the 4RF.bit file into the board,the board gets programmed and for a sec it displays on hex display the number  0 1(means ID=0 & IP = x.x.x.1), but
after just one second it changes the display to E 2 and stays on that and RED user LEds startt to blink. So i am not able to setup the board using matlab to run the demos on to it
5). Tried to program the board with 4RF.bit 3 -4 times but same results occured.
6). Checked with UART & the UART messages displayed are as

-------------------------------------UART Display-----------------------------------------------------------------

WARPLab v7.7.1 (compiled Jan  4 2019 14:36:41)
Configured for 4 RF Interfaces - FMC-RF-2X245 FMC module must be installed
No clock module detected - selecting on-board clocks

NODE: W3-a-00939 using Node ID: 0
DRAM SODIMM detected ...
Contents not cleared
Radios didn't lock! RC stat reg: 0x10181818
IFC: ERROR (wl_interface.c:474): Radio controller initialization failed with status: -1
NODE: ERROR (wl_node.c:268): Interface initialization error! Exiting
NODE: ERROR (wl_node.c:1169): Global initialization error! Exiting...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------UART code End--------------------------------------------

7). I tried to  check with 2RF.bit(provided in the same folder as of 4RF.bit),which works fine and displays the NODE ID as expected and does not change.

Can you help me with the problem here,that where i am going wrong?

Last edited by Rather (2019-Jan-04 03:19:33)

#2 2019-Jan-04 09:18:25

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Fmc-rf-2x245 Interface With WARV3

4). As soon i tried to download the 4RF.bit file into the board,the board gets programmed and for a sec it displays on hex display the number  0 1(means ID=0 & IP = x.x.x.1), but
after just one second it changes the display to E 2 and stays on that and RED user LEds startt to blink.

Radios didn't lock! RC stat reg: 0x10181818

These errors indicate the PLL in the RF D interface (labeled "RF B" on the FMC module) did not lock at boot. This can occur if the DIP switches on the FMC-RF-2X245 are set incorrectly (refer to [url=https://warpproject.org/trac/wiki/HardwareUsersGuides/FMC-RF-2X245/Clocking#ClockBufferConfiguration]the user guide[/ur]), or if the board has been damaged (such as by ESD, over-voltage or over-temperature). If the board has been damaged replacing the MAX2829 (component U20) is likely required.

#3 2019-Jan-04 10:27:22

Rather

Re: Fmc-rf-2x245 Interface With WARV3

Hello murphpo,

I have already followed your link , the DIP switches on FMC-RF-2x245 are set  as (switches 3 and 5 ON, switches 1, 2, 4, 6 OFF) by default.
We have taken care of ESD & other precautions for all WARP V3 based hardware till date.
Anyway will check  it one more time, thank You for the response.

Board footer