WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Jan-20 15:17:12

lu

warp not booting properly (error code 8.8.)

Hi,

I have some warp v3 boards. They work fine previously. However, today one of them not booting correctly. It shows "8.8." on the hex display, but I did not connect any external clock to the board (see the uart output below). Compared to a working board, the D5 light is not on.

The FPGA code iscorrect as I tested with other warp boards. Directly programming fpga also has the same problem. Changing node ID has no effect.

Do you have any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks,
Lu

UART output:

***** WARP v3 Clock Config Core *****
      Program Assembly Date: 24 Jan 2015

No config data in EEPROM - Using Defaults
No Clock Module Detected
Clock Config Complete - Continuing Boot Process

#2 2019-Jan-22 09:35:41

murphpo
Administrator

Re: warp not booting properly (error code 8.8.)

However, today one of them not booting correctly. It shows "8.8." on the hex display, but I did not connect any external clock to the board (see the uart output below). Compared to a working board, the D5 light is not on.

This behavior indicates the RFVDD (3.7v) power supply (U9, near the D5 LED) is not working. The FPGA boot messages halt because the 80MHz clock is not running (the 80MHz TCXO relies on the RFVDD regulator). Component failures like this are typically the result of ESD or mechanical damage. It's also possible it was a faulty component. Please contact us at support[at]mangocomm.com with board serial numbers to discuss repair options.

Board footer