WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Feb-20 13:53:41

Junqing Zhang

Reading log data in real time

Hello,

Regarding the experimental framework of 802.11 reference design, I would like to ask if it is possible to transfer the log data to the PC via Ethernet in real time. At the moment the data is saved to the PC in hdf5 format after the transmission is terminated.

What I would like to do is to build a demo that will show the real time waveforms (e.g., of the received power) of both AP and station. Thanks.

#2 2019-Feb-21 10:08:05

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Reading log data in real time

You can build a demo like this, but you will need to write custom Python that suits your setup. I just committed a script we use internally for similar demos (live_log_proc.py). This script demonstrates how to poll a node for new log data and process new log entries without writing/reading HDF5 files.

#3 2019-Feb-27 12:17:06

Yan Wang

Hello,

When I tried to use the script that you provided, some errors occurred in entry_types.py as can be seen in the figure.

https://upload.cc/i1/2019/02/28/aDGO9X.png

Could you give me some guidance about how to solve this problem?

Best regards,
Yan

#4 2019-Feb-27 12:31:00

murphpo
Administrator

That is a known issue with new versions of numpy. We committed a workaround a while ago. Unfortunately it seems we goofed and did not include the workaround in the v1.7.8 release. I just re-committed the updated entry_types.py to svn. Apply that change to your local wlan_exp copy to fix the numpy log parsing flow.

#5 2019-Feb-28 07:34:05

Yan Wang

murphpo wrote:

That is a known issue with new versions of numpy. We committed a workaround a while ago. Unfortunately it seems we goofed and did not include the workaround in the v1.7.8 release. I just re-committed the updated entry_types.py to svn. entry_types.py to svn. Apply that change to your local wlan_exp copy to fix the numpy log parsing flow.

Hello,

After I copied the updated entry_types.py to wlan_exp, a new error occurs as can be seen in the figure.
https://upload.cc/i1/2019/02/28/QJ8ED4.png

Could you give me some guidance about how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

#6 2019-Feb-28 11:59:03

murphpo
Administrator

Ah, I think that's a Py2 vs Py3 issue - we've previously used that script only on Py2.7. Try wrapping the return of get_bytes() with bytes(..):

Code:

log_data = bytes(n.log_get_all_new(log_tail_pad=0).get_bytes())

Board footer