WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Jul-18 09:42:42

abdelsalam

unable to recognise warb v3 when the xilinix JTAG programer is used

Hi everyone,
I'm using Ubuntu operating  system to program my warp3 v3 board. when I connect the WARP V3 via the micro USB cable to my PC the computer can recognize it, however when I connect it through the JTAG programing port the device will not be recognized. And therefore I can't program my WARP V3.
Note that  i found two JTAG 14 pin programing ports there's one in top and another is down. I tried to connect at any of them and yet the WARP V3 is not recognized.
Note also I'm using this programing cable. https://store.digilentinc.com/xup-usb-j … ing-cable/

Thank you so much in advance .

#2 2019-Jul-19 10:00:47

murphpo
Administrator

Re: unable to recognise warb v3 when the xilinix JTAG programer is used

This is probably an issue with the driver for the JTAG cable. I have never used the ISE tools in Ubuntu, so I can't provide any specific debugging steps. I'd suggest checking the Xilinx documentation for supported versions of Ubuntu, verifying the JTAG cable is detected by your OS, verifying the appropriate driver (likely part of ISE, though I'm not sure) is installed and attached to the JTAG cable. I would suggest using the Xilinx iMPACT tool to verify it sees the JTAG cable - iMPACT must detect the cable before any ISE tool can use the cable to configure an FPGA.

Board footer