WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-Oct-31 08:22:51

Ayan_Chatterjee

Doubt regarding simple TX and RX of signal through two WARP Boards

% Create a vector of node objects
nodes = wl_initNodes(2);

% Set up transmit and receive nodes
%     NOTE:  Transmit from nodes(1) to nodes(2)
%
node_tx = nodes(1);
node_rx = nodes(2);

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Set up the Interface parameters
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

% Get IDs for the interfaces on the boards. 
%
% NOTE:  This example assumes each board has the same interface capabilities (ie 2 RF
%   interfaces; RFA and RFB).  Therefore, we only need to get the IDs from one of the boards.
%
ifc_ids = wl_getInterfaceIDs(nodes(1));   <--------------- My doubt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the above code my doubt is how nodes(1) is sufficient to get the IDs both nodes(1) and node(2).

Actually, I want to put my nodes(1) as Transmitter as well as Receiver and nodes(2) as Transmitter only.

RF_A of nodes(1) should act like transmitter and RF_B of nodes(1) as receiver. At the same time , RF_A of nodes(2) will act like a transmitter only.

Then, how do I configure nodes(1) and nodes(2) so that above objective is accomplished?

So, how "ifc_ids" variable is going to help me to point RF_A port of nodes(2)? Because I am assigning the ifc_ids with the nodes(1) only not nodes(2).

#2 2019-Oct-31 08:42:56

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Doubt regarding simple TX and RX of signal through two WARP Boards

In the above code my doubt is how nodes(1) is sufficient to get the IDs both nodes(1) and node(2).

The "interface ID" is just an integer which identifies RF A or RF B. Every node of the same architecture (i.e. WARP v3) uses the same interface IDs for the node's RF interfaces. You identify one RF interface at one node by using the common interface ID (one element of ifc_ids above) with the node object (node_tx or node_rx above). Refer to any of our example scripts for known-good code which implements this.

Board footer