WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-Apr-28 11:58:27

konivik

Register Address Mismatch between system.xml and xparameter.h

Hi all,

I’m using a WARPv3 with the v1.8.0 802.11 reference design.

Unfortunately adding a register to the wlan_mac_hw core yields wrong memory mapping in the xparameters.h, which differs from the system.xml.
I followed the steps as described in a forum post [1] to add the new register including the change of the version number in the system.mss of the wlan_bsp_cpu_low.
Although the new register exists in the xparameters file, it has a width of 0 bits instead of 32 bits and most register addresses of the core are mismatched.
Do you have a solution for this problem?
I already tried a clean rebuild in XPS and the SDK.

Many thanks
konivik

[1] https://warpproject.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3619

#2 2020-Apr-29 09:02:39

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Register Address Mismatch between system.xml and xparameter.h

I have not seen this behavior before. One possibility is a problem in the logic inside the EDK Processor block in the Sysgen model. One way to "start fresh" is:

-In the source Sysgen model, delete the EDK Processor block
-Update the model and verify the data types of all your To/From registers. We use UFix32_0 for all registers with convert/reinterpret blocks before/after the register blocks to convert data types. We like this convention but it is not strictly necessary.
-Add a new EDK Processor block. Configure it for an AXI (not PLB) interface, enable "Regsiter Readback". Close the block, then re-open it and verify your settings (there is a bug in some Sysgen versions where the "Register Readback" setting is lost).
-Click Add to add all registers to the EDK processor block.
-Close the block, update/run the model and verify no errors.
-Increment the pcore version, re-export the pcore, update/rebuild XPS and SDK

#3 2020-Apr-30 08:40:55

konivik

Re: Register Address Mismatch between system.xml and xparameter.h

Thanks for your fast response.
Although your suggestion did not seem to fix the problem for me, while trying it, I found a solution:
The bsp_cpu_low seemed somehow linked to the old specification in the wlan-sdk folder even though the system.mss indicated that it was correctly linked to the new specification.
In addition to exporting the new specification, deleting the old specification in the wlan-sdk folder and replacing it with the new exported one fixed this problem.

Board footer