WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-Feb-02 00:46:29

amirsepahi

Modify the data in MAC layer

Hi, I want to add three fields that two of them are 1 bit and one of them is 10 bits in the header of my data frame. I am looking at the code to see where should I add these fields but I got really confused.
My first question is, which part of the code could I add these field?
Second, could we add them in header or we should add them in payload?

thanks

#2 2021-Feb-02 11:04:00

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Modify the data in MAC layer

The typedefs for packet types are all in wlan_mac_packet_types.h and wlan_mac_802_11_defs.h. You could modify these or define your own.

#3 2021-Feb-07 09:21:24

amirsepahi

Thanks for your your reply.
We want to use the reserved bits in frame control 1 to send two new flags called FD and FD_MASTER. We have defined them like below in wlan_mac_802_11_defs.h :

#define MAC_FRAME_CTRL1_SUBTYPE_FD                (MAC_FRAME_CTRL1_TYPE_RSVD | 0x40)
#define MAC_FRAME_CTRL1_SUBTYPE_FD_MASTER        (MAC_FRAME_CTRL1_TYPE_RSVD | 0x80)

My question is in which part of the code these bits should be set?
After that, we want to transmit this frame and in the receiver side, we want to evaluate the value of our defined flags. Could you please advise us which part of the code should we modify?

Best,
Amir

Last edited by amirsepahi (2021-Feb-07 09:31:50)

#4 2021-Feb-09 10:54:25

murphpo
Administrator

I cannot guide you on the specific changes necessary to implement your custom behaviors. I would suggest studying the source to follow where similar flags are being set and parsed, then inserting your custom code where it has access to the same fields.

Board footer