WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-Jul-02 11:47:20

s2haile

Using Radio 3 instead of Radio 2

Hello,

As I mentioned before, I am working on a project in which I store channel estimates into shared RAM and read them from MATLAB using parts of warplab and the real-time ofdm phy. For radio 2 it works great, I can read the estimates at both warp boards. However, when I try to transmit or receive from radio 3 then things look pretty bad. I activate radio 3 by using WarpRadio_v1_TxRxDisable(SECOND_RADIO) and warpphy_setSISOAntenna(1). I know it works because I can see the LEDs turn on. I also instantiate the shared ram for radio 3 in the H_B-B Estimate Buffer within the channel estimation block (the shared ram for radio 2 is in H_A-A). When I read the estimates after transmission it is all zeroes though. When I run the simulation with tx_SISO_Mode=1, disabling switching diversity in SISO mode and forcing antb in SISO mode via the rx_Controls variable then I get bad BER and estimates are stored in all 4 buffers. IS there a way to use radio 3 and store/read the channel estimates from that?

Thanks,
SH

#2 2009-Jul-02 13:41:45

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Using Radio 3 instead of Radio 2

Our naming scheme in the PHY is a little confusing. When the PHY is in SISO mode, only H_AA is estimated. This is true even when you're using the alternate radio. If you look in the antenna switching block in the receiver, there's a mux to select which radio I/Q inputs drive the PHY's ant A I/Q signals. If you select SISO from antenna B, this block redirects radio 3's I/Q to the antenna A path through the PHY (confusing, I know). We built it this way so that the switch between antennas was transparent to every PHY block except the very first one.

Board footer