WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-May-01 14:47:13

zrcao

Header file for customized pcores

sysgen2opb will generate a .h header file for a customly built pcore. In the before, this function will be "automatically" copied into the folder /ppc405_0. Maybe I am wrong, but I do not remember that I actually moved this file to that folder in several testing projects we tried before. However, recently I have to manually copy this header file to /ppc405_0 for each customized pcore.

I would like to ask which way is the right way? If it is supposed to be copied automatically, is there any procedure I am missing?

#2 2007-May-01 16:04:29

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Header file for customized pcores

You should never modify or add files in the ppc405_0 and ppc405_1 directories. The files in these directories are replaced whenever you force the rebuilding of libraries. Your custom peripheral drivers should always be in a /drivers folder, either in your project folder or the EDK_user_repository. When XPS builds your software project, it copies the source code from /drivers into the ppc405_0/1 directories, where it gets integrated with everything else needed to boot the processor.

When you use sysgen2opb, it creates a drivers folder and a driver for your core. When you generate the OPB core, using the OPB Export Tool in the System Generator token, you have the option of choosing an XPS target to export into. If you use this feature, the driver will be copied into your XPS project folder automatically. If you do not use it, the drivers folder will be created in your local sysgen netlist directory; you then need to copy this folder into your XPS project manually.

Board footer