WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-Feb-05 00:07:12

letianrong

WARP certified?

Hi,
Is WARP certified by US government body (i.e., FCC)? Also, is it necessary to have it certified for testing in lab environment? We are actually based in Japan, but here is it rather strict and require everything (including for testing) to be certified.  Otherwise, apparently in Europe (or at least France), this is not required. Just wandering what's the US policy on this?

thanks,

Lee

#2 2010-Feb-05 08:17:03

murphpo
Administrator

Re: WARP certified?

It has not been certified. As a prototyping platform, its behavior is defined entirely by the end user and, unless programmed by the user, doesn't actually generate or capture any waveforms. It's the users responsibility to comply with local regulations. I am not familiar with the regulatory requirements in other countries.

#3 2010-Feb-07 19:08:33

letianrong

murphpo wrote:

It has not been certified. As a prototyping platform, its behavior is defined entirely by the end user and, unless programmed by the user, doesn't actually generate or capture any waveforms. It's the users responsibility to comply with local regulations. I am not familiar with the regulatory requirements in other countries.

Hi, thanks for the reply. So what happens if it is used for testing of 802.11a/b/g/n using the board in the States? Is this allowed?

thanks again,

Lee

#4 2010-Mar-26 07:47:03

trem44

letianrong wrote:

[...  So what happens if it is used for testing of 802.11a/b/g/n using the board in the States?

I would say that 'murphpo' already answered this question. Every lab would be responsible for implemetations in its own contry.

Saying that, does anybody have any good links that would put more light on this question.

Board footer