WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-Dec-12 04:43:03

Frederic

WARP kit availability?

Hi WARP members,

It's amazing to find WARP. Could anybody provide some information for obtaining the WARP kit including hardware and software? Is it open for users to layout their own WARP PCB from the schematics? Or, is there any vendor providing all of these (HW and SW)

Frederic Chen

#2 2006-Dec-14 12:19:01

murphpo
Administrator

Re: WARP kit availability?

hi Frederic- thanks for your interest. We're in the process of ramping up production now, and hope to have boards widely available by the middle of next year. Keep checking the WARP web site (http://warp.rice.edu) for updates.

If you're interested in using WARP in academic research, I'd also encourage you to watch for upcoming professors workshops. We're holding one in Taiwan next week, and we're planning 3 or 4 more in 2007. Again, watch the web site for updates.

#3 2007-Jan-26 15:50:36

asadmehmud

Re: WARP kit availability?

hi admin

well my question is almost the same as that asked by Frederic...can u precise in which month can we get the whole development kit (HW + SW)?......inact i am a PhD student but i have only a year left and i wanted to work on this kit but it depends when it becomes available....so i'd be glad if you can precise the month when we'll be able to get the kit....also if the kit is not available, in what other manner can we make use of the WARP software ...my PhD is more concerned to the reconfigurabily - from phy layer algos down to the FPGA implementation and i'll be using Sysgen to implement my adaptive algos on actual FPGA

also are there any competitive such radio development kits that cud be obtained cheaply fer reserach purposes.?

regards

Last edited by asadmehmud (2007-Jan-26 15:51:59)

Board footer