WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-Jul-06 21:08:01

dang2327

Magic SYNC address in WARPLab Reference Design?

Hello,

Can you help specify the significance of the magic SYNC address in the WARPLab Reference Design? Does it play any role in helping with network communication between MATLAB and the board? Do we absolutely need to have it?

We are trying to implement WARPLab using the Lightweight IP networking library instead of libxil net for compatibility with newer versions of EDK. I was able to get the board to decode commands sent from MATLAB, but all the ACK packets sent by the board were not picked up by MATLAB. I am suspecting it has something to do with the Magic SYNC address, or my PC Ethernet settings. I would really appreciate your input in this issue.

Thanks,
Danh.

#2 2010-Jul-07 01:08:50

sgupta
Administrator

Re: Magic SYNC address in WARPLab Reference Design?

The SYNC packet is used to trigger the start of transmission or reception on the boards. When you send TxStart it puts the radio in ready to send mode but does not do so until it receives the SYNC packet. Same with the receiver.

You could have several issues. We modified xilnet to include support for the magic SYNC. You can see the code in the repository. In addition to that, you will need to hardcode the ARP entries on the PC side so that the SYNC packet can be sent.

Board footer