WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-Oct-24 16:35:47

chunter
Administrator

Mango 802.11 Reference Design v1.00 available

Hi all,

We are very pleased to announce the first post-beta release of the Mango 802.11 Reference Design v1.0. We began the development of the design in May 2013 and iterations of the design have been publicly available in beta form since July 2013. To celebrate we made a short video which visualizes repository activity by the Mango team since we began development.

The 1.0 release includes many bug fixes and improved robustness at all layers (see the changelog). We anticipate no major changes to the design architecture for the next many releases. If you’ve been waiting for a “stable” design to begin customizations for your research project, this would be a great place to start.

This release also includes updated documentation throughout- in the design user guide, as per-function comments in the C code and a whole new documentation set for the wlan_exp Python package.

Rest assured that development of the Mango 802.11 Reference Design will not cease now that version 1.0 is posted. We will continue making  releases with bug fixes and new features in the coming weeks. We have also started work on MAC and PHY extensions for the 802.11n and 802.11ac standards, to be included in future releases of the reference design.

-Chris

#2 2014-Oct-24 16:50:47

SkylarkWireless

Re: Mango 802.11 Reference Design v1.00 available

Let me be the first to say congratulations on a job well done! It's been a pretty intense development effort to bring this out of Beta and as someone who knows this design more than I care to admit, I can say that the effort definitely shows. The design is a pretty incredible education and development tool that I think the community was sorely lacking. I'd like to say bravo for the long-term vision and the fortitude to follow through with this!

Now let's celebrate before 1.01. ;)

Board footer