WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-Jul-31 11:40:36

hadi

Fastes way to get the MAC address of a station in 802.11 reference des

Hi,

I wanna get the MAC address of a station as soon as AP receive a packet from that station (Where in the C code? wlan_mac_high or wlan_mac_low?)
Also in tx mode, where in the code I can find the associated station?

Thanks

#2 2015-Jul-31 17:09:21

chunter
Administrator

Re: Fastes way to get the MAC address of a station in 802.11 reference des

hadi wrote:

I wanna get the MAC address of a station as soon as AP receive a packet from that station (Where in the C code? wlan_mac_high or wlan_mac_low?)

Either processor has access to the packet buffers and the bytes they hold. Both processors need access to the MAC addresses in received frames but they need access for different reasons. This line is where the DCF (wlan_mac_low) code evaluates the receiver address of the frame that is being received. It needs to know whether the packet is addressed to it so it can send an ACK after the reception is over. This line is where the AP (wlan_mac_high) evaluates the receiver address of the frame that has been passed up from wlan_mac_low. It needs this for a variety of reasons. One such reason is to determine whether or not it should encapsulate the frame and transmit it over Ethernet.

hadi wrote:

Also in tx mode, where in the code I can find the associated station?

Each associated station exists as a station_info struct in a doubly-linked list that is part of the bss_info that describes the basic service set. The best resource for figuring out how to access this struct is to look at the AP code and how it deals with the "my_bss_info" global struct.

Board footer