WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-Jun-15 12:20:03

Kiruba

Regarding custom Add-on board design

Hi,
I am designing an add-on board that will be interfaced to the WARP V3 FPGA board. Can you give me the manufacturer and part number for the FMC HPC connector that is on the RF add-on board
and interfaces to the FPGA board? Also, I would like to reroute signals from RF interface on the FPGA board to the FMC slot and add additional control signals. I found a pinout document on WARP webpage
that assigns signals to FMC slot (link given below). Is this the correct way to do the assignment?

http://warpproject.org/trac/browser/Har … Pinout.ucf

In each signal assignment, for example     "NET "FMC_DP4_C2M_N" LOC = H2 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS25;"        does "LOC = H2" specify the FPGA pin that outputs the corresponding signal?
Appreciate your time and help!

Regards,
Kiruba

#2 2016-Jun-15 13:19:55

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Regarding custom Add-on board design

The FMC spec defines the connector for FMC modules as either MC-HPC-10L (high pin count) or MC-LPC-10L (low pin count). The WARP v3 FMC interface is HPC; thus it supports HPC or LPC modules. The choice of HPC vs LPC depends on how many FPGA I/O signals your module needs.

Samtec and Molex both make FMC connectors. Refer to Samtec's cross reference guide for part numbers.

Also, I would like to reroute signals from RF interface on the FPGA board to the FMC slot and add additional control signals.

The only signal that is routed between the WARP v3 FMC interface and RF interfaces is the reference clock. All I/O at the FMC connector are routed directly to FPGA pins. If you want to connect I/O in the RF section to I/O at the FMC connector you will need to route these connections through the FPGA.

The mapping of FPGA I/O to FMC pins is given in the WARP v3 schematics and in the WARP v3 master UCF. The FMC spec defines 3 I/O banks: LA, HA, HB. All FMC FPGA I/O are part of one of these banks. The WARP v3 master UCF uses these FMC signal names to describe signals at the FMC connector. You should refer to the FMC spec or WARP v3 schematics to map the FMC signal names (like FMC_HA04_N) to FPGA pin (E28 for FMC_HA04_N) and FMC connector pin (F8 for FMC_HA04_N).

#3 2016-Jun-16 11:19:31

Kiruba

Re: Regarding custom Add-on board design

Thank you for the info Patrick

Board footer