WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-Dec-09 05:57:05

alice_warp

Correlation STS in real-time

Hello,
Is there a way to visualize the correlation of preamble (STS) in real-time? Or a way to save values?
I refer to the "line" Corr_16 in wlan_phy_rx_pmd/Sync & Antenna Sel/Pkt Det/RF A Det/Auto-Corr Pkt Det.
Thank you in advance.

Alice

#2 2016-Dec-09 09:15:03

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Correlation STS in real-time

Your best option would be to use ChipScope Analyzer (part of the Xilinx ISE tools) to capture data in the Rx PHY. In the 802.11 ref design the Rx PHY core includes a ChipScope ILA (integrated logic analyzer) core with many Rx signals configured, including the raw IQ for the RF A interface. You can use ChipScope Analyzer with a JTAG cable to configure the ILA and capture samples. There is a ChipScope Analyzer signals config file (.cpj) in the Rx PHY pcore folder (xps_proj/pcores/wlan_phy_rx_*/mdlsrc/). You should import the cpj file into ChipScope Analyzer after connecting to the board so that Analyzer understands how to group and interpret the various signals.

#3 2016-Dec-12 03:25:56

alice_warp

I have just discovered that I can export values in a .prn file, so I can work in MATLAB.
Thank you very much!

Alice

#4 2016-Dec-12 09:45:39

murphpo
Administrator

Loading ChipScope traces in MATLAB is very useful. System Generator provides the xlLoadChipScopeData() function to simplify importing traces. We frequently use this flow for PHY debugging (capture waveform in hardware, save to .prn, load into Rx PHY simulation).

Board footer