WARP Project Forums - Wireless Open-Access Research Platform

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-Dec-20 14:55:20

JannieLee

Problem printing via putty of warp v3

Hi,

I am working with 802.11 reference design currently, but I meet some problems.

The first thing is about printing information via putty, when I configure other reference design(like OFDM), it can display normally. But when I configure the board working as AP or STA, it displays some illegal code. I have correctly set the putty configuration (like serial port, speed), as I attached below, it turns to wrong when I configure the board as STA.

Does anybody know how is it?
Thanks a lot for your help.

WARP v3 UART & User IO Test
          S/N: W3-a-00794

Current Count: 0x4B▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒炄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒᧦$▒▒▒▒G▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒䤄▒▒▒▒B▒▒Ņ▒▒ć C▒ŧ▒▒▒E▒$▒▒D▒Ą▒▒▒▒"▒▒$▒Ņᆆ▒▒$▒ć▒▒入▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒D▒▒Ĥ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Ƥ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Ƥ▒g▒e▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#▒Ć▒ㅤ▒▒▒ħ▒cㄇĦ ▒▒▒▒▒▒ƄŇ慥▒$C#▒आ▒▒椤▒f▒愅▒▒▒▒`BA▒▒▒▒Ą▒▒▒▒▒▒▒@▒▒▒Ť▒g▒▒Ť▒▒▒▒▒▒ń▒DŽƄ▒ƄĄ▒▒▒ą▒▒▒▒c▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒c▒ŧ▒愆▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒禇▒▒▒▒e▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒#▒▒ ▒凤▒Ą▒d▒▒▒▒dą▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒$▒Ĥ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒䄧▒▒c▒▒▒▒▒Ą▒▒儤▒▒▒▒▒▒Ĥ▒Ą▒▒▒▒

#2 2016-Dec-20 15:21:54

murphpo
Administrator

Re: Problem printing via putty of warp v3

The 802.11 Reference Design configures the UART interfaces for 115200 bps. The default design on the SD card (i.e. the design that prints "WARP v3 UART & User IO Test") configures the UART for 57600. Try changing your Putty serial port speed to 115200.

#3 2016-Dec-21 16:47:42

JannieLee

Thank you for your quick reply. It works.

And I have another question right now, my STA(a WARP board) has successfully joined a router, but I can't check the IP address of STA, I can only see the MAC address of it. In my work, my STA is connected to PC via Ethernet cable, smart phone connected to router too. Since I can't get the IP address of STA, how can I ping from STA with smart phone in this LNA?

Thanks a lot.

#4 2016-Dec-22 06:38:26

murphpo
Administrator

The 802.11 Ref Design implements a layer-2 (MAC layer) bridge. The AP and STA nodes do not have IP addresses for their ETH A interfaces. The AP/STA code only examine MAC addresses in ETH A traffic to determine whether packets should be encapsulated and transmitted over the wireless interface. In order to transmit ping (ICMP echo request/response) packets over the wireless link, you must connect the AP and STA ETH A interfaces to other devices. A typical setup is to connect the AP to an Ethernet switch (on a network with a DHCP server and internet access) and connect the STA directly to a PC. The PC will see a normal Ethernet connection even though its traffic will bridged to the AP's wired network via the AP-STA wireless link.

Board footer